The FIPOI’s Mission
In 1964, under the name of the Foundation for Buildings for International Organisations “FIPOI”, the Confederation and the Canton of Geneva created a not-for profit private-law foundation.
The FIPOI’s mission is the following:
- To let office space to International Organisations at favourable prices.
- The FIPOI ensures that the buildings they own are operational and properly maintained.
- To make the International Conference Centre Geneva(CICG) available to Intergovernmental Organisations.
- To rent out the Varembé Conference Centre (CCV).
- To advise and assist intergovernmental organisations in the construction of buildings.
- To offer favourable conditions for the financing of buildings, the headquarters of intergovernmental organisations, thanks to the funds granted by the Swiss Federal Assembly and plots of land made available by the Canton of Geneva.
- To search for buildings and sites for intergovernmental organisations wishing to establish themselves or have offices in Geneva.