CWR - WTO / WILLIAM RAPPARD CENTRE- WORLD TRADE ORGANISATION

The building is currently being renovated

The William Rappard Centre, on the shores of Lake Léman, houses an important organisation: the World Trade Organisation (WTO), which replaced the GATT in ensuring that the rules to control global commercial relations are applied. Anxious to keep such an important institution in Geneva, the Confederation decided to donate the building which currently houses the WTO to the institution. The building was previously owned by the FIPOI.

The WTO was given priority access to a new conference room, the  William Rappard Room (SWR) which seats 710 people, financed by the Confederation and built by the FIPOI, in 1998.

Currently the William Rappard Room is being renovated. You can visit the Project Report here: CWR-RENO .

See page PROJECT for information about site supervision of CWR.

Building under a management mandate

Site internet http://www.wto.org/index.htm
Adresse 154, rue de Lausanne 1211 Genève 21
Commune Genève - Petit-Saconnex
Parcelle 246 - nouveau numéro 5410
   
Début travaux Undergoing renovation
Livraison de l’ouvrage 1927- 1937 Extension - 1978 1st renovation - currently undergoing renovation
Architecte Nierle-Grand & Praplan - Group8- Geneva- renovation 2010
   
Surface 25'797 m2
Volume cube SIA (Society of engineers and architects) 110'000 m3
Places parking ---
   
 


Shared Calendar