PW - Wilson Palace

Headquarters of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights

Built facing the lake in the beginning of the 19th Century, the Palais Wilson (Wilson Palace) - partially destroyed by fire - rose once more from its ashes in 1998.

It was a case of saving the building and assigning it an international role in line with its past, when it housed the headquarters of the League of Nations.

This is why the Confederation, to whom the City of Geneva gave the building, decided to carry out extensive renovation and transformation work.

The Palais Wilson, once restored, was passed on to the FIPOI, which now manages and maintains the building.

Building under a management and maintenance mandate

Site internet http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Pages/WelcomePage.aspx
Adresse Palais Wilson- 51, rue des Pâquis 1201 Genève
Commune Genève - Cité
Parcelle 7746
   
Début travaux 1993 restoration project
Livraison de l’ouvrage Year 1997
Architecte Architects Bernard Erbeia and Morel & Kössler of Geneva
   
Surface 12'874 m2 SB
Volume cube SIA (Society of engineers and architects) 54'312 m3
Places parking 100 outside spaces
   
 


Shared Calendar